Fenton United Methodist Church  •  800 Gravois Road, Fenton, Missouri 63026    |   636.343.5010

About Fenton UMC

About Fenton UMC Welcome to the Fenton United Methodist Church. Welcome to one of our newest ways that we reach out to the community and the world. Feel free to browse and please let us know what you think. You are invited to be part of our church anytime. We offer a wide variety of ministry and mission to fit everyone's needs. Intergenerational worship is at 10:00 am every Sunday.

A Vision of Fenton UMC

The Fenton United Methodist Church exists as a congregation to make disciples of Jesus Christ. We further the work of Christ in missions to the local community and the world through worship, fellowship, prayer, service and outreach. Fenton United Methodist Church strives to provide for the spiritual growth and physical well-being of our members, visitors, and the community. We intend to be in mission far beyond the local community by supporting the Connectional Ministry of the United Methodist Church.

Our Mission

The Fenton United Methodist Church exists as a congregation to make disciples of Jesus Christ. We further the work of Christ in missions to the local community and the world through worship, fellowship, prayer, service and outreach. Fenton United Methodist Church strives to provide for the spiritual growth and physical well-being of our members, visitors, and the community. We intend to be in mission far beyond the local community by supporting the Connectional Ministry of the United Methodist Church.

Fenton United Methodist Church History

Fenton, Missouri was founded in 1818 and incorporated in 1874. As the town grew, there was a need for a place to worship. In late 1839-1840 a Methodist church, the first church in the area, was established in a log cabin on Gravois Road about ½ mile from town by Thomas Williams, a Methodist Circuit Rider, and faithful laymen. The building was used for the dual purpose of a church and a school. As the town of Fenton grew, the congregation moved into town. In 1860 construction began on a white frame church building at the corner of Main and Ware streets, and it was dedicated on May 26, 1861. This church building served the congregation for nearly 98 years. Because the town and congregation continued to grow, a larger church was needed. In March of 1955 the Board of Trustees signed an agreement to purchase 11.845 acres of land. On January 13, 1956 the congregation accepted the building plan of architects John Hoener and Associates. The ground-breaking ceremony on January 12, 1958 was for a fellowship hall to seat 450 and an educational building to accommodate 300. In December 1958 the first service was held in the new fellowship hall, and it was consecrated by Bishop Eugene M. Frank.

In 1963 a parsonage was built to accommodate the pastor and family. The United Brethren Church and the Methodist Church merged in 1968, and the name of the church became Fenton United Methodist Church. In fall, 1979 Charles Willis and Associates plans were accepted, and construction began on a sanctuary and office units. This new section was consecrated to our Lord's service on April 26, 1981.

Fenton United Methodist Church participates in the following extended ministries:
Metro Ministry, Kingdom House, Feed My People, Epworth Children's Home, Fund for the Needy, Prison Ministry, and Hillside Preschool. Hillside was the first kindergarten in the Fenton area in 1960, and it is still in operation today inside the Fenton United Methodist Church building. Fenton United Methodist Church celebrated its 160th anniversary in 1999 with a yearlong celebration of special activities each month. This is still an active and growing congregation in this new millennium. We are truly a church with a glorious past and a joyous future.